No one would possibly argue that a car is not only a means of transportation, but also a status symbol. And who else, if not celebrities, can up their car game to the whole new level? In this article we will cover the luxury cars in the possession of the world’s renowned and beloved sportsmen.
Although Rafael Nadal, the world’s No. 1 in men’s singles tennis, is always up for a fierce battle on the court, he is a careful and prudent driver. His attitude to driving is linked to his life philosophy of keeping everything under control and staying level-headed. According to him, this is exactly how riding a Kia Stringer for a commercial made him feel. In the past Rafa used to have troubles driving a car due to a knee condition, but now that he got back to normal he enjoys an iconic Aston Martin DBS and two Mercedes in his collection.
- Aston Martin DBS $290,461
- Mercedes SL550 $110,800
- Mercedes-AMG GT S $113,395
In terms of driving Michael Phelps is at the opposite end of the spectrum. In 2014 US swimmer and the most decorated Olympic champion of all-time was sentenced to 18 months of probation for driving under influence. Sadly enough, it wasn’t the first time the now retired swimmer was drunk driving. And you definitely gotta be careful if you drive any of the cars in Phelps’ precious collection.
- Cadillac Escalade $73,995
- Mercedes-Benz SL63 $150,000
- BMW 760 Li $178,420
- Range Rover $70,000
Tiger Woods, one of the most successful golf players of all-time, seems to be a careless driver as well. While others would cut off their left arm to get a car like Mercedes S65 AMG (OK, we exaggerated a bit, but you get the drill), Tiger seems not to care about his black beauty. After having caught him on suspicion of driving under influence, the police discovered torn front and rear tires and bent alloy wheels. We hope he treats the Porsche better!
- 2015 Mercedes S65 AMG $220,000
- Porsche Carrera GT $448,000
Alex Rodriguez, baseball player, has a rather versatile car collection that includes vehicles from plain and humble to chic and luxurious. In his day-to-day life A-Rod drives a Chevy Suburban, quite an unusual choice for someone with such a bold personality. But then again, who said it was bad to prioritize comfort and simplicity?
- Mercedes-Benz McLaren SLR Convertible from $81,677
- Chevy Suburban $51,495
- Mercedes-Benz CLK from $11,660
- Maybach 57s $366,934
Some time ago Tyler Seguin’s, Canadian professional ice hockey center, driving habits were also compromised by an unfortunate event that ended up in a severe leg injury. Fortunately, the hockey player successfully recovered and soon got back to enjoying his collection of cars.
- Custom Jeep Wrangler from $77,281
- Mercedes-Benz G-Class AMG $107,000
- Maserati Gran Turismo S $134,625
You can tell that Lionel Messi, Argentine professional footballer, is quite obsessed with cars. Usually his expense on a car wouldn’t exceed $400,000 at once, but that one time in 2017 Lionel went wild and threw away $32 million at an auction just to add a Ferrari 335 S Spider Scaglietti 1957 to his already impressive collection.
- Toyota Prius $30,580
- Lexus RX 450h $46,690
- Audi Q7 $49,900
- Dodge Charger SRT8 $52,240
- Ferrari F430 Spider $149,888
- Maserati GranTurismo S $134,625
- Audi R8 Spyder $234,174
- Maserati GranTurismo MC Stadale $154,530
- Ferrari 335 S Spider Scaglietti 1957 $34,4 million
Cristiano Ronaldo seems to have it all. Often referred to as the best or at least one of the beast footballers in history, the Portuguese is also in the possession of an extensive car collection that any car lover could only dream of. Fond of Ferraris? He’s got three of them. Keen on speed and acceleration? Cristiano’s Lamborghini Avendator is just right for that.
- 2007 Bentley Continental GTC $42990
- 2008 Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano $273,845
- 2008 Ferrari F430 $71,685–$265,373
- 2009 Porsche 911 Carrera 2S Cabriolet $92,150
- 2009 Bentley GT Speed $243,025
- 2009 Audi R8 $123,300
- 2011 Maserati GranCabrio $134,625
- 2011 Ferrari 599 GTO $198,900
- BMW M6 $123,295
- Porsche Cayenne Turbo S $119,150
- Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 $450,000
- Aston Martin DB9 $201,075
- Phantom Rolls-Royce $450,000
- Bugatti Veyron $2,998,000
When he is not busy turning heads on the basketball court, LeBron James, the world’s best basketball player, is preoccupied with another luxury car to buy. However, even if it’s love from first sight (and Maybach 57S would totally do this for you), his affection doesn’t last too long: Lebron James doesn’t seem to really drive any of the beauties he has. In 2016, it was revealed that more than often he prefers Kia to them.
- Lamborghini Aventador Roadster $402,995
- Porsche 911 Turbo S $162,850
- Hummer H2 $53,286
- Mercedes-Benz S63 AMG $148,495
- Ferrari F430 Spider $193,000-$206,000
- Dodge Challenger SRT $50,590
- Maybach 57S $366,934
- Jeep Wrangler $34,245
- Chevrolet Camaro SS $26,900
Conor McGregor, Irish professional mixed martial artist, has a stunning car collection of cars that neatly reflect his personality: the cars are either unique, i.e. custom-made (take a look at the ‘Notorious’ Rolls-Royce), or just downright chic.
- Lamborghini Aventador Roadster $450,000
- Cadillac Escalade $75,990
- Rolls-Royce Ghost $308,300
- BMW i8 $144,395
- Rolls-Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe $452,025
- BMW 730 M Sport $84,095
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray $56,590
- Mercedes-Benz S500 $122,750
Floyd Mayweather, American professional boxing promoter and former professional boxer, is anything but humble. Insofar his habits included referring to his friends and staff as “Money Team”, stuffing his social media with photos with bags of cash, and squandering crazy amounts of money on cars. In an interview to Business Insider a car dealer claimed that Mayweather bought more than 100 cars over the timespan of 18 years sometimes even making purchases in the middle of the night.
- Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita $4.8million
- 2 Ferrari LaFerrari, red and white, $1,420,112
- Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport recently sold $1.7 million
- 2 Bentley Mulsannes, white and black, $300,000-400,000
- Ferrari 458, white, $230,000
- 2 Rolls-Royce Ghost, white and black, $200,000
- Lamborghini Aventador, white, $450,000
- Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, white, $229,005
- Rolls Royce Wraith, a gift for his girlfriend, Doralie Medina $289,000
- Red Ferrari 458, a gift for his girlfriend, Doralie Medina $243,090.